Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Artist of the Week: Storm

Nate by Teckelcar
Nate, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This week's artist is a freshly shorn Nate.

A couple of weeks ago Nate decided that he was done with the long hair. He had been toying with the idea of short hair for some time, but wasn't ready until now. There was no given reason, he said it was time. I think one of the reasons was that he was sick and tired of my harping on hair. I had no problem per se with his long locks, I just required that he properly maintained them with daily brushing and washing. And lets face it, 13 year old boys don't want their moms bugging them about brushing. He did, however, regularly wash. Thank heavens for small favors.

Storm by Teckelcar
Storm, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Which brings us to today's art work. It is a small collage he made for last semester's art class. I found it inside his art journal while fishing about for something for this week's post. I like the large black rectangle that sets off he lightening bolts. It's a different sort of composition and I think it works very well. I'm not sure what technique the teacher was demonstrating in the lesson, but the end result is quiet good.

No comments: