Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Artist of the Week: When We Were Young

This week I’m featuring my mother.


Nana_and_Throopie_Lou
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.


This photo was taken many moons ago, namely before the appearance of me and my brother. The dog she is holding was Throopie, a wonderful dog that was very protective of me when I was a baby.

I’m not sure when my mother painted this, but I figure it was during or just after college, which would be in the 50’s. At some point I have to get the particulars from her.


nanapainting
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

It was in my mother’s basement and she mentioned to me that she wasn’t going to be using it. I quickly told her that I wanted it, I already have one of my father’s paintings and I wanted one of hers as well. I like it very much. Its muted colors make for a very serene painting.

Currently it is on the bed in the guest room. We will probably hang it in the upstairs hallway, there is a spot where you could see it from the first floor. The lighting is fairly good and the painting will not be exposed to direct sunlight.

No comments: