Saturday, August 06, 2005

Fruit Review and More!

I got a couple of Asian melons in my garden share this week. They are similar in taste to a honeydew melon, just a little more delicate in flavor, but with the same sweetness. The melon itself on the outside is a lovely shade of light yellow with faint pale green and white stripes running the length of the fruit. The rind is very thin; you could almost use a vegetable peeler to get to the flesh below. When you cut through the rind, the flesh is white with the same texture as a honeydew melon.

I could not find much information about this fruit online. I think it might be the Korean Melon, Hybrid Golden Liner, but I’m not sure. The description seems about right.

While Googling it I bumped into two of the weirdest food products yet.

The first one, Saturn Meteors, is possibly one of the most visually unappealing food items I have ever seen. It really looks like someone was cleaning out the litter box.

The second one, Sun Stones, has the same awful appearance as the Saturn Meteors coupled with the added bonus of having the following features:

Seedless Cherry seed (3 medium bags)
Hand packed in Hawaii
Ready to eat
Perfect anytime snack

How can you have a seedless seed? When you order it do you get three empty medium sized bags from Hawaii that are ideal for cleaning up after your dog? I don’t know and I am not willing to spend my money to find out. Oh and I also found this wonderful list on Amazon. Scroll down to the bottom, there is something called a Primos Hoochie Mama Lost Cow Elk Push Call. It’s unbelievable what you can find out there.

No comments: