Thursday, July 27, 2006

They Want a Picture of What!?

Tomorrow I get to go out very early sans children (Hooray!) and have my yearly visit with mo OB/GYN. I really like her, she is quite funny and a good Dr. to boot.

Anyhoo, I’ll be get chastised for not getting my mammogram this past year. I actually do want to get one, but I have a problem. It’s my entourage. It is not easy to find a place to park your kids for a few hours during the day when:
1) They aren’t in preschool/daycare.
2) Grandma and Nana are far, far away.
3) Daddy has a full time job that is not four year old friendly, especially when there are two of them.
4) Your good friend (whom your children adore) in town had the audacity to actually get a job.
Tonight I was talking to Meryl about my problem we came up with following reasons why it is not a good idea to take four year olds with you to get a mammogram.

As Meryl pointed out they will tell everyone “Mommy had someone take pictures of her boobs today.”

I added that they will also note that I had to undress, put on funny clothes and then go to another room that they (the twins) were not allowed to go in. And then I throw away the funny outfit after I’m done, because it’s disposable and not my style.

Oh yeah, that sounds good, reeeaaalll good.

And better yet, if I’m sore from all the squishing and mashing I’ll have to explain that mommy is sore because her breasts got squished. That should freak them out.

So the whole mammogram thing has been on hold.

But, starting September they will be going to preschool two days a week.

And how will I celebrate?

Why go to the dentist, get a mammogram, strip the wallpaper in the downstairs bathroom and paint the aforementioned bathroom.

Wahoo! Do I know how to live or what!

No comments: