Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Graduate


obedient dog
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
Last night was John's last class of basic obedience.

I signed him a few weeks ago in anticipation of Dell's arrival. I thought it would be good for John to get some one on one time with me after the arrival of his half brother and a little obedience training wouldn't hurt.

John was a very good boy throughout the course. His most impressive moment was when the two dogs on either side of him decided to go visit each other and practically trampled John. John just sat there, wagging his tail and completely focused on me. It would have been completely understandable if he had snarked at the two doofuses, but he didn't. He got a ton of praise from me and the other instructors.

He was admired by all and was a pleasure to work with. Too bad his trainer (me) is such a slacker and only worked with him a couple a times a week. I should try again and actually work on him between classes. It looks like he might have some potential in the obedience ring.

No comments: