Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Artist of the Week: Zoom

Max by Teckelcar
Max, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This week's artist is a very grown-up looking Max.

He looks so very serious in this picture and far older than his 10, almost 11 years. But then again, I have been saying for quite some time he is an old soul.

Mind you he is not to old to be creating with Legos and requesting to be photographed with his creations. The penguin pajamas also add a touch of whimsy and keep him from looking too much like an "important artist." He is important, just in a kinder and hug filled way.

Either way I think this picture gives a bit of a glimpse of who he is to become.

zoom by Teckelcar
zoom, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
For now he is my boy who creates all sorts of vehicles that are cobbled together from various Lego kits. The curved pieces in the back are from a couple of Star Wars' spaceships and I know the shield with the rampant lion is from a Harry Potter themed kit. The rest of the pieces are much more generic and I don't recall their original configuration.

Over the years the completed kits have been pulled apart and the pieces mixed in with all the other loose Legos and I am fine with that. They are meant to be played with and inspire creativity.

Just what my boy is doing.

No comments: