Sunday, September 16, 2012

Baking With Julia- Nectarine Upside-Down Chiffon Cake

Here is my very belated Nectarine Upside-Down Chiffon Cake that was supposed to be for Sept. 4th Baking with Julia challenge and err...  the month is half over and I have next week's challenge just two days away.

Well it's better late than never and it turned out to be the perfect treat to bring to tonight's oneg (links leads to a nice description) for Rosh Hashanah. Nuts and fruits are always a good choice for the new year. For a complete rundown on the recipe head on over to The Little French Bakery and The Double Trouble Kitchen (Yay fellow mom of twins!).

The whole thing wasn't too hard to make, my only stumbling block was not having a 10 pan and I decided it wasn't worth worrying about it not being quite big enough. My 9 inch pan was able to hold most of the batter and the resultant cake was just ducky. I had a fair amount of excess streusel (gee that could be related to the undersized pan- ya think) that I ended up scattering around the cake on its serving platter. I thought it was delicious and it was a hit at the oneg. The cake was light and moist with a lovely tang from the lemon juice. I might try it without almonds, otherwise this one is definitely a keeper.

No comments: