Thursday, September 27, 2012

End of Season

End of Season by Teckelcar
End of Season, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
There has been a bit of snap in the morning air the past week or so. For a brief bit we had some honest to goodness fall weather, however the temperatures have been steadily creeping up. But the damage has been done.

My tomatoes have that leggy and unkempt look that the tail end of the growing season brings. They are, obviously, still producing fruit and we are nowhere near the first frost. The fruit is still very flavorful and tempting as ever. An aspect that was much to my consternation yesterday whilst I was fasting for Yom Kippur.

I'll keep on watering and enjoying the fruits of my labors until the first frost. Miserable as these plants look, they still have a goodly amount of life in them.

No comments: