Friday, September 28, 2012

Project MCP: Fall Colors

Fall Colors by Teckelcar
Fall Colors, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
The final September challenge for Project MCP was to photograph a fall color scheme, which is a rather tricky assignment down here in the south. I have found flashes of color, but for the most part the foliage is stuck in late summer mode. Lucky for me the stores pay no heed to the weather and start putting out the fall decorations at the beginning of the month.

For today's photo I roamed the aisles of my local Walmart with my camera in one hand as I shopped. I took pictures of pretty fall themed kitchen towels, various centerpieces, mums in bloom, and so on. Frankly I was amazed that my photography garnered no comment from the staff.

The winner for this week's picture was this pretty flower arrangement. I found it just as I was finishing my shopping in the produce section and was ready to check out. The colors are just right, they are truly evocative of fall. Thank you Walmart for being so helpful this week.

No comments: