Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Artist of the Week: Map

Max by Teckelcar
Max, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This week's artist is Max. He is pictured here holding one of his many (and I do mean many) Lego creations. However, as I'm sure you have guessed, I'm not featuring his Lego build. Instead it is a map.

A map that was greatly admired by his older brothers.

Originally Max was going to draw all over his map. He likes to make battle scenes and then do a sort of live action narration as he draws the battles. Kind of like animation that is all done on the same page. From what I gathered Max showed the map to his brothers right before he was to draw the battle.

Max's map by Teckelcar
Max's map, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
And I'm glad he did.

Jacob and Nate told Max not to do another thing to his map, it was too cool to draw over. They convinced Max to bring the map to me so that I could scan it and print out a copy, which was a very nice thing for them to do.

And so here is Max's map, deemed to be cool by a 14 year old and a 16 year old.

No comments: