Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Baking With Julia- Buttermilk Crumb Muffins

buttermilk crumb muffins by Teckelcar
buttermilk crumb muffins, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
Well a week late, but hey it is Tuesday and I baked something!

For the full recipe you can head on over to this week's host, easier than pie. If you want the whole Baking with Julie story you need to go over to Tuesdays With Dorie. Okay now that I have gotten that out of the way let's get down to brass tacks.

I really like the simplicity of this recipe, no mixers are used, just your fingers, a fork, and a spoon. They knocked together very quickly and I was eating them an hour after I started, a big plus in a household with two teenage boys. They are a bit sweet for my tastes (mind I am still happily eating them), but the overall flavor is wonderful. They are like a very simple coffee cake with a nice soft texture. My only problem was that if I hadn't fully greased a well in my muffin tin the muffin would stick, I used two forks to run around the edges and pull them out. I think this recipe is worth revisiting.

No comments: