Friday, November 30, 2012

Project MCP: First Signs of Christmas

Frosty bow by Teckelcar
Frosty bow, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
The final Project MCP challenge for November was the first signs of Christmas.

Now the stores around here have had their Christmas stock out for well over a month. So technically the first sign was the inflatable lawn Santa I saw waaay back on September 28th in Walmart. The only reason I can peg the date so precisely is because I took a picture with my cellphone and posted it on Facebook. For the purposes of the challenge I have decided to ignore the early birds, instead I'll focus on my neighborhood.

The first true signs of Christmas has been the appearance of bows on the mailboxes along my morning dog walk. In my neighborhood, people wait for Thanksgiving before setting out their decorations. Yesterday It was cold and bright, the frost hadn't melted by the time I got out with the dogs. I was able to take this picture with my cellphone. I'm still working on the ideal distance for my phone's camera, but I think this shot came out fairly well. I like how the frost is more of an accent and makes the bow a bit more interesting.

No comments: