Friday, November 12, 2010

A Birthday Party A Day Late


Nate's 12th birthday cake
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
Veteran's Day is Nate's birthday, but we didn't celebrate it until today.

As per Nate's request I made him yet another war themed birthday cake and I really outdid myself this year.

I carved out craters on the top and sides, made two tanks (one intact, the other broken and trapped in a crater, and had a rather bloody Cake Corp on top.

The cake was a huge hit at the party. It was declared epic and all the boys liked the the red sparkly gel icing I applied generously to the downed soldiers. If you click on the picture it will take you to my Flickr page and the complete photo-set.

Bloody and gruesome is what 11 to 12 year old boys loved to have on their birthday cakes.

1 comment:

ZZ said...

Wow, that is truly charming and disturbing ;-)