Thursday, July 14, 2005

Just Another Stay At Home Nerd

Since all the cool kids are doing it, here is my score:

I am nerdier than 70% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!

Strikes me about right considering I’m the proud owner of these shirts and I do wear them in public.

The one featuring the periodic table is the nicest version I have ever seen. I found it at the University of Wisconsin Student Union when I was a lab tech. I had gone there to get some ice cream or cash; I don’t remember (possibly both). All I know is that as I was going through the building I found it. Usually all you see is a black t-shirt with the table printed in white, very boring. This one is in full color with the added bonus of the radioactive elements glowing in the dark. I didn’t know this until after I bought it. I spent the next half hour at work dragging people into the dark room to show it off. All my co-workers agreed that it was a very cool shirt.

The other one was a gift from Tracee, one of the post docs in the same lab. I had been working with her on thrombospondin and she had gone to the meeting. I had been unable to attend due to the fact that I was humongously pregnant (Jake was born one week later). Airlines get funny when you show up more than 5 months pregnant. I was very touched that Tracee had thought of me. I also like how I can point to a region and know that my work contributed to a better understanding of it.

My score could have been a lot higher if I was still working at my old job.

No comments: