Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Artist of the Week: Legos Revisited

This week’s artist is Jake.

Jakecar
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

Jake built two very nice skyscrapers this past week.

legotowers
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

They are not very big, less than 8 inches, but they really do look like buildings you would see in the city. Admittedly they are very garishly colored ones, but nice buildings all the same. I like the grey top to the red building. It is a piece from one of the robot kits Jake and Nate have strewn about on their bedroom floor. I like how he could use the piece in a completely different way. This is what I love about Legos and blocks in general. They allow for a lot of creative expression. My only complaint is that there is nothing more painful to step on with bare feet than Legos. As a result they have banished to their bedroom. I threaten to toss any I find left downstairs. My own mother had the same love hate relationship with Legos. She used to tell my brother and me that the rattling of a lego being sucked up by the vacuum cleaner was her most favorite sound in the world.

No comments: