Sunday, October 29, 2006

And Yes, I Bought More

I didn’t post on Friday because I was busy. Busy with Halloween parties and busy with the great Halloween project of 2006 a.k.a. Nate’s costume.

In the morning I drew up my shopping list, picked up a replacement toy for Rebecca (It was a birthday present and John killed it in less than twenty four hours after she got it) and took Max and Rebecca to their Halloween party at preschool. They got to trick or treat in all the other classrooms and have a little party with cupcakes, sandwiches, cookies and of course, candy. They were very cute dressed up as raccoons, but I forgot my camera.

Oh well, It’s not like they haven’t worn those costumes before.

Then it was off to the fabric store. Unfortunately the closest one is near Petersburg, about a 30 minute drive away. After about 10 minutes in the store the dynamic duo were bored out of their minds, but I needed to get the fabric and that was it. After an hour I picked out my four fabrics and had eleventy billion yards cut, well it really wasn’t that much, but it sure looked like it. Then it was one more stop at Wal-Mart for a few odds and ends.

Interestingly the Petersburg pumpkins were still $3.58 a pop as opposed to our local one which is at a buck fifty per pumpkin. Obviously I didn’t buy any more at that store.

Then it was home again.

The rest of the day was spent decoding the patterns’ directions and cutting out the pattern pieces.

Saturday was gorgeous, so soccer was canceled. Actually the fields were flooded from the previous night’s rain, but it was odd having the games canceled due to inclement weather on such a brilliant fall day. So I got to spend the day cutting fabric and making the first part of the costume. Larry went off to the drug store and when he returned he told me his was pre-registered for the flu shot.

What!?

When I asked two days ago there wasn’t any pre-registration available. So I hot footed on over to sign up and, since I was out, I headed over to Wal-Mart to get more pumpkins.

I was a little unsure if any would be left, but they still had some in the bins. I was only going to get four, but then a very nice employee pointed out a whole other area chock full of pumpkins. They even had quite a few extra large ones left. So I bought eight, bringing my grand total up to 18.

My name is Sarah and I have a problem, it’s buying pumpkins for Halloween and Wal-Mart is my enabler.

No comments: