Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Artist of the Week: Little Creature

This week’s artist is Rebecca.


QueenRebecca
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

This is a shot from her birthday party. I got little crowns at the dollar store for Max and Rebecca to wear on their birthday. Max still looked like Max, but Miss Rebecca looked downright regal. She likes telling people what to do; we just have to mold her into a benevolent ruler.

Anyhoo, here is one her more recent efforts.


creature
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

It’s a happy looking creature, with many legs and a big fat pink tail. It does not currently have a name. When I pressed her on the subject Rebecca stated that she was tired of saying names for things.

It is so hard being five.

I like it. It has a cheerful demeanor and its title (for now) makes me think of one of my favorite albums from Talking Heads.

Currently the creature is on display at the Refrigerator Museum of Art.

No comments: