Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What They Say About Boxes Is True

But not entirely.

The kids utterly adore the bouncy tent, but what made it even better was the boxes that it came in.

The main box is big enough for all four kids to sit inside.


fourkidbox
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

If they crouch down a bit I could even close the box up. Now I know what size box I need if I ever want to ship them off to Grandma’s house.

The box has been in our living room and has been holding up fairly well. Rebecca likes to hang out in it and watch TV. Nate likes to lay it on its side and make it into an enclosure for the dog, John.

Yesterday it got even better when I brought out the smaller, but still large, secondary box. It’s plain white and I was saving it for Nate. He needed a large piece of plain cardboard for school and it was perfect for his project. I cut off one side and gave the rest to the kids to play with.


boxfun
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

They decided to make an apartment complex. Rebecca has a second floor unit, Jake is on the first floor and Max had a tiny little space behind Jake’s place. Nate had a little space made of pillows and scrap cardboard, but it collapsed and he didn’t want to be in the picture.

The boxes that the bouncy tent came aren’t better than the tent, but they do give it a run for the money.

No comments: