Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday Three: Favorite Things!

Once again it’s time for the long running Axis of Weevil Three as presented by Papa Possum himself.
…we simply MUST have a memetheme for today’s Axis of Weevil Thursday Three! AND SO, today we ask you to think about a few of your favorite things. And don’t start humming the song until it’s time!

As with all other episodes of our long-running series, anyone is free to participate by either leaving a comment below with your answers, or a link to your blog where your answers can be found.

Now then, let’s get right into it, shall we? Of course we shall!

1) What is your favorite color? (Yeah, I know it’s an easy one, but they get a LOT harder.)

Okay, now you can start humming the song.

2) Of all the items on the following list:
Raindrops on roses
Whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles
Warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
Cream colored ponies
Crisp apple strudels
Doorbells
Sleigh bells
Schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eye lashes
Silver white winters that melt into spring

Which item is your favorite, AND, which item is your LEAST favorite? (See, told you it gets a lot harder!)

And finally,

3) What are three of your favorite memories from childhood?

Okay, now--take a moment to think about those and then let fly with your answers.

Hey it’s The Holy Grail meets The Sound of Music Thursday Three!
And now for my answers:

1)My favorite color is royal blue, no emerald green er-umm amethyst... “ahhhhhhhhh!”

Sprong. Oof, glad to see they installed the new safety net under The Bridge of Death. Anyway, I like jewel tones with blue slightly edging out the rest.

2)I guess my favorite of the above list would be “Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eye lashes.” I love winter and there is nothing better than to be outside while big fat snowflakes are silently drifting to the ground and covering up everything in a thick soft mantle of white. My least favorite is doorbells. Every time the doorbell rings utter bedlam erupts, dogs bark, child dither about while I wade through the chaos to get the front door. It is better now that Rally feels she no longer has to bark, but the kids are worse. Once I open the door they spill out in whatever stage of dress they are in. So far none have been naked, but it has been close.

3)My three favorite memories of childhood. Hmmm, that’s hard. I would say going to my Aunt and Uncle’s house near the beach every summer. The house is on a big bluff that overlooks two beaches, the big beach and the little beach. The little beach is private and is owned by my family. Everyone kicks in a set amount to maintain the breakwater and the changing house. My brother and I would spend all day digging in the sand and splashing in the icy cold Atlantic Ocean.


Little_beach
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

This is a picture of the little beach taken from the breakwater. The tent was for a family reunion and you can just see the house through the trees.

My next favorite memory was the time I went tobogganing with my brother and our friends up the road. One run was so spectacularly fast and long that we shot across the lawn, up the embankment, through a gap in the fence, went briefly airborne and landed smack on the road. We were lucky that no cars were coming. It was fantastic!

My third favorite childhood memory would be the endless hours I spent playing by the stream near my mother’s first house in Vermont. We moved up there when I was halfway through sixth grade. As I recall the house came with a huge parcel of land and we owned the headwaters to the stream. The water was clear, cold and pure enough to drink. At one little spot it had a little miniature waterfall and that is where I spent most of my time. There were also tiny fish in the stream and they would nibble on your toes if you stayed still in the water.

There are lots more, but I think those are my favorites.

No comments: