Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Artist of the Week: Lawncare

This week’s artist is Rebecca.


Rebecca
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

And no, she didn’t rake the lawn or mow it (But hooray we got our tractor back today!), instead she illustrated it.


Lawnmowerguy
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

This is a picture she made for her Daddy on his birthday last Sunday. It has all sorts of wonderful details and I find more every time I look at it. Just yesterday I noticed that in front of the mower the grass is a long unruly mess. However behind it, the lawn is nicely manicured. I like the expression of intense concentration on the lawn guy’s face as he rides the tractor.

Then there are the bees. Larry was concerned about the lawn guy’s safety, but we were informed by the artist that “the bees won’t hurt you, unless you take their honey.” This is a fairly reasonable state of affairs.

On an entirely unrelated subject I have to give a shout out to Kinko’s and its customer support. Last night I was working on our annual calendar project. I got it all set up, ordered my multitude of copies and paid for it. Then I noticed the 15% off promotional that I had neglected to punch in.

Oops!

I called up this morning and I was put on hold. But, it was a very pleasant sort of wait. I got to listen to Frank Sinatra and I was a little disappointed that I did not get to hear the end of “I’ve got you under my skin” when Meagan returned to the line. The news was good, I was told yes, I could still get a discount. I’ll get the refund after I pick up the order.

Woo hoo!

So props to Kinko’s for good hold music and customer support.

No comments: