Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday Three: Recap!

Better late than never, it's the end of the year Thursday Three recap from the head honcho over at possum central.

THREE!

It being Thursday and all, it's once more time to throw off the tarp from the Most Exciting Thing in the Whole World, the Axis of Weevil Thursday Three!

::golf clap::

As it is now toward the end of 20-Ought Six, and seeing as how I will be gone all next week, what say we have a big year-end wrap up/new year preview?

Take your keyboard in hand and answer the following questions (which were inspired by last week's host) by either leaving a comment below, or a link to your answer over at your blog. Remember, anyone is free to play along!

So now:

1) What sorts of things will you be doing this year to bring the year to a close? Any special traditions or such that signal the end of the old? Parties, football games, airing of grievances, Twister?

2) What are you most looking forward to in the new year?

3) And since we missed talking about such things at the end of last month, what things that came your way in 2006 were you most thankful for?

Okay, now--get to work and let's see what you come up with!

Since it's late and I still have a lot to do, I'll be brief.

1) Years ago (way before children) I used to do things for New Years. Once, while I was still in college, I hosted a party at my Mom's house that involved the Air Force Academy Hockey Team. It was fun, though a bit loud. I have a few memories that stick out: my mom repeatedly asking us to turn down the music, teasing a friend who was making out with one of the guys and the almost complete absence of mess afterwards. All I had to do was pick up a couple of party hats out the snow the next day. In fact my mom dressed down my brother a few days later for being such a pig. She told him that he and his best friend made more of a mess in one hour than the hockey team at the party. After college Larry and I alternated with staying in or going into Manhattan and hitting a few parties. This year we'll probably be home eating something decadent and drinking champagne.

2) I guess I'm looking forward to Max and Rebecca starting kindergarten. I'll be on my own five days a week from 8:45 to 3:00. Maybe I'll get a job or something.

3) I don't know, I guess it would be Max's continued good health and his improved behavior at the doctor's office. He used to scream blue murder every time we entered the CF clinic. Now he is much more cooperative. In fact one of the nurses on Wednesday commented how much better he is at the clinic. It looks like my being firm and consistent is paying off and that my little boy is growing up.

Now back to our irregularly scheduled Chanukah programing.

No comments: