Monday, June 02, 2008

Heroes

OK, I'm a bit late on the bandwagon, but at least I'm here.

Meryl dropped off her DVDs of Heroes a few weeks ago and just know I've gotten around to watching them. She told me that the show was great, but I never got around to it, until now.

Friday we lost our cable tv. Oddly enough we still have high speed internet, which is a far more temperamental beast. After repeated phone calls I got an appointment for tomorrow for a technician to stop by and figure out what is going on. So far the lack of television hasn't been a big deal. The kids mostly watch it when Max is getting nebulized, so now they watch something from our vast DVD collection. I miss the news and weather, but we still have the internets and I can get what I need there.

Last night I was restless and wanted something to watch. I was chatting with Meryl on the phone when I remembered Heroes. I popped in the first disk and then I was hooked. While I was stuck at the house while our road was being repaved and baking a last minute cake I watched the next two disks.

I love the show. From the haunting music to the quirky characters. I'll be polishing off the rest of the disks this week, even after I get my tv channels back.

Dang now I have another show to watch.

No comments: