Monday, September 29, 2008

Shana Tovah

Once again the new year starts and I spent the day in the kitchen. This year it was a cake for temple and Meryl brought her yummy apple cake.

The one big difference this year was that Max had his show and tell today and we (or rather I) decided he should bring our shofar. It was a huge hit with the class even with our less than successful attempts to sound it. What can I say, I played the flute and not the horn.

As for what I baked, well it was interesting.

snail Challah
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar

Traditionally and round challah is made for the new year. I have successfully made these in the past for Rosh Hashanah, but not this year. It still tasted great. It just wasn't crown shaped, instead it looked more like a snail.

Hopefully next time it'll be a bit more conventional in appearce.

Until then, may your new year be sweet.

No comments: