Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Artist of the Week: Science


Rebecca
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
This week's artist is Rebecca.

I really like this picture I took of her last week. For once she isn't mugging for the camera with her strained smile. We had gone into the woods next to the house to photograph the rather massive stump excavation by John the previous night. I snapped a quick photo of Rebecca while she was perched on the stump.

She was actually very mad at me to dare take a picture of her without warning. Afterwards I offered not to take any more pictures of her which resulted in a rush of nos and a few poses with her canned smile. But the first one, with her flashing eyes, is the keeper.


Science
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
Anyhoodle, the setting of the photo is rather appropriate for this week's project.

In Rebecca's class each student has made a sort of visual study sheet for various subjects. The one pictured here is for science, a subject near and dear to my heart. I love the little illustrations she made foe each concept, from the rotting stump, the little wheelbarrow for erosion, and so on to the mooing cow and howling wolf. I think the little bear for hibernation is utterly adorable. I think this was a very fun assignment and useful too boot.

No comments: