Friday, October 19, 2012

Project MCP: Favorite Fall Activity

morning walk by Teckelcar
morning walk, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
There are lots of things I like to do in the fall, but I think my favorite is the morning dog walk. I love heading out in the brisk fall air and the walk seems to be a bit easier. The sun sits lower now and seems softer, no longer the cruel mistress of summer.

The colors are more vivid with the added bonus of little splashes of color here and there from new plantings and fall foliage. And if I'm lucky there is the smell of freshly turned earth when people have their lawns aerated. Later on I get to smell the fragrant smoke as fireplaces get pressed into service.

Everyday there is something new on the walk as we transition from one season to the next and that makes for a great walk.

No comments: