Friday, October 26, 2012

Project MCP: Spooky

Webbed by Teckelcar
Webbed, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
The final challenge for this month is "spooky," a fitting subject for the close of October.

I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do until this morning. It was damp and misty morning with the sky  brooding grey in advance of the upcoming "frankenstorm." Hooray, moody weather was just what I needed.

On the morning dog walk I kept an eye out for spooky subject matter. About halfway along I noticed little spiderwebs in the grass. Perfect, the webs had trapped some of the mist and were clearly visible. I resolved to search my own yard once I was back home.

Weaver by Teckelcar
Weaver, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
I love the top picture, with the dark tress in the background it looks downright menacing. I had to mist the web a bit with a spray bottle to accentuate the web. It had dried out and was only faintly visible.

The bottom picture, however, is my favorite. The soccer goal netting in the background really adds to the composition. I had a hard time selecting pictures and in the end I decided both were worthy for submission.

No comments: