Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Bambi vs Godzilla

This is possibly my favorite short of all time. I was a member of my college's film society and it was a happy moment in my life when I discovered we could actually get this short feature.

I had a great time being part of film society, twice a year we would get together and pick out the next semester's slate of films. It involved a great deal of arguing and beer. We tried to at least break even by showing films that were arty and films that would get an audience. Over time we discovered that the two biggest money makers would be either G or X rated. Didn't matter what the film was, just the rating. Nothing beats Disney or Fritz the Cat for getting a college student's attention.
When I showed it to my kids they were, of course, horrified.

No comments: