Monday, May 07, 2007

I'm Looking Over a Four Leaf Clover


cloverJake
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.
After the whole tadpole releasing excitement I took Jake and Nate over to the bus stop and sent the rest of the crowd back inside.

At our bus stop we noticed that our neighbor across the street had two very dense patches of clover alongside the road. So of course we had to look for four leaf clover.

Jake, when he so choses, has amazing focus and the ability to notice the smallest details. He immediately spotted a four leaf clover and picked it.

Nate, not to be out done found a five leaf clover. They both spent the next five minutes looking for more 4 leaf clovers in the two patches by the road.

In the end Jake found nine four leaf clovers, only the coming of the bus stopped him from finding more. Nate found the aforementioned 5 leaf and one four leaf. I told him that his 5 leaf definitely equals eight regular 4 leaf clovers. As for for me, I found three, which is easily the most I have ever found.

cloverNate
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

It was an extraordinary patch of clover. I have never seen anything like it before. I know it is possible to by 4-leaf clover seed, but our neighbors don't strike me as the type and it is an odd spot to plant special clover.

I guess it was our lucky day.

No comments: