Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Attitude


fierce
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
I like practical things. Things that do their appointed tasks and do them well. It is even better when something can be used in a multitude of ways. When I find something that works, I'll stick with it.

Case in point my winter boots. I've had the same pair of duck boots for years. I don't even remember when I got them. They are perfect for wading through slush, puddles and mud. I slap on a pair of gaiters and I'm good to go in fairly deep snow. Last week the rubber part of the boot split and I was forced to get a new pair. I had to go to four different stores to find them. The most shocking was the outdoor sports shoe store only had lame "pretty boots" for women. But find them I did.

However I do like pretty and fun things too. And sometimes I like to pop a little attitude. Hence the boots pictured above. They are completely impractical. They are made from the softest suede with big honkin' 3 1/2 inch heels. Considering that at one point I declared that I would never have heels over 1 inch, that is particularly amusing to me. They go right up to my knee and I wear them with pants, jeans and skirts.

I call them my ridiculous boots and I love them so.

No comments: