Sunday, January 17, 2010

Richmond's Old City Hall


Richmond's old city hall
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
Today was a wet and dismal kind of day. Not unlike one about a month ago I spent up in Richmond.

I was up there for some reason or other, most likely meeting up with Larry. He works not far from the Old City Hall and that would explain why I was walking by it. I didn't have any of my entourage so for once I was free to indulge my picture taking urges.

I love that old building and I have featured it here before, but this time it was all about the exterior. I think that foggy days are fabulous to take pictures, doubly so when your subject matter is a Gothic building. The fog softens the lines and the bare tree in the foreground adds a nice bit of contrast.

I took plenty more pictures that day, but this one is my favorite.

No comments: