Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Change in the Weather

frosty pansy by Teckelcar
frosty pansy, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
After several bright sunny days in the 70s, the hammer came down today. It was much cooler, very wet, and very appropriate for late November.

I did enjoy the t-shirt weather and heaven knows the delay of the heating season, but it certainly did not feel like fall. It was odd riding the lawn tractor to mulch the leaves and be comfortable in a t-shirt and shorts.I knew it wasn't going to last, so I did make an effort to go outside as much as possible. Yesterday I espied mare's tails in the sky and told Meryl this would mean a change in the weather. She had never heard of the term and I had to tell her I was from a long line of sea captains and this was part of the folklore handed down. I had been taught what certain weather patterns would mean and by gum the weather changed just as I said it would. The temperature dropped and the fair weather turned wet.

I prefer the crisp fall weather, but you can keep the rain.

No comments: