Thursday, November 10, 2011

Morning Visitor

hawk by Teckelcar
hawk, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This morning Rebecca looked out into the backyard and spotted our avian visitor. She turned to me and asked "Is that a hawk?"

Why yes it is darling.

I snagged the camera and took a picture through the glass. It was blurry, but recognizable. Then I told Rebecca to stay quiet while I eased the door open. I poked the camera out and quickly took another picture, this one was better.

Ducking back inside and closing the door, I told Rebecca I was going to try to get a bit closer. I excited through the garage and circled around the house. As I slowly stalked the bird I took more pictures.

When I was about 20 feet away the hawk decided it had enough and fly away. I think it is a red tailed hawk, but I'm not entirely sure.

No comments: