Friday, November 25, 2011

MCP Project 52: Water

Black Friday Morn by Teckelcar
Black Friday Morn, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
This week's theme was water and since I had it in my head that this would be easy I procrastinated until Friday morning. Fortunately the weather cooperated and I was able to get out this morning and do a little picture taking around the neighborhood.

My first stop was the pond in our subdivision. I got some perfectly nice, yet perfectly boring pictures of the pond. I got one of the mist curling about the surface, but it wasn't nearly as nice as the one I took back in August up at Bear Creek State Park. So I made my way back to the van and started to drive home.

About 10 yards away from the parking lot by the pond I espied the stream that flows into the pond. I pulled over and slide down the embankment to get closer. I love the light reflecting on the stream's surface and refracting through the mist. The feathery grass in the background coated with frost add a nice counterpoint. I was very pleased with the shot and glad I noticed the gleam of light from the van as I drove past.

No comments: