Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Morning on the Pitch

Max by Teckelcar
Max, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
It was a rather chilling morning last Saturday. Max and Rebecca both had games at 9, fortunately at the same park, and it was picture day to boot.

So that meant we had to drag ourselves to the fields by 8:10 am.

I got to bundle up, but the dynamic duo had to doff their jackets for the pictures and the games. The pictures were particularly hard since it was in the shade and they couldn't run around. Once they hit the fields for warm-up and the game they were ever so much happier.

I, however, was very chilled. Since I wasn't moving around the stiff breeze cut right through me. At least I had dressed properly and I followed the sun for what meager warmth it gave. But, it was worth it, they both played well- Max's team tied and Rebecca's won.

Then again, I'll take cold over extreme heat any day.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Then again, I'll take cold over extreme heat any day.

Amen to that. I love this picture - the sunshine in Maz's hair, the tall trees behind.

Sarah said...

I was very pleased how the picture came out. Nothing compares to early morning and late afternoon sunshine.