Monday, October 26, 2009

It's That Time of Year Again


pumpkins!
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
When I go temporarily insane and buy a ridiculous amount of pumpkins.

This is my first load, it came to only ten pumpkins. That was all I could safely cram into my shopping cart. All totaled I usually end up getting 18.

I wait and wait, biding my time as Halloween nears. I refuse to pay the high prices at the start of October and the dang things rot if you buy them too soon. The children start to get antsy come mid-October, but I tell them not until the last week and certainly not before a certain dynamic duo's birthday.

This year it's been a bit tricky, I haven't noticed the big bins of pumpkins at my regular haunts. I had to go a little further afield and pay a little more than I would have liked. But they had dropped in price by a dollar, so my annual game of chicken is working out.

So there was a great deal of celebration when they came home from school and saw the pumpkins arrayed on the front steps. The rest of the week I'll be stalking down the remaining eight and seeing how low the prices will go.

No comments: