Sunday, March 14, 2010

Have Some Pi


Apple Pi
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
Today is Pi day, as in 3.14 or March 14th, and we celebrated in grand fashion. We ha quiche for breakfast, pizza for lunch and a runny lemon meringue pie for dessert. Which was totally my fault- I got impatient and decided to put the custard in the shell before it was really custard. My bad.

The pie pictured here was a far more successful attempt at pi day baking goodness.

Nate's class had a Pi day party on Friday and i brought in an apple pie. With the leftover scraps from the pie crust I was able to fashion a fairly decent pi symbol. It was a big hit with the kids and only one slice went back home with me.

I really get into the whole pi day spirit. I like to bake and I like math, so Pi day is full of win for me. Hopefully next time I'll just have a bit more patience for the custard in my pie and I'll be able to add one more baked good to my repertoire.

No comments: