Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Baking With Julia- Cranberry-Pecan Pumpkin Loaves

Friday I made Cranberry-Pecan Pumpkin bread to bring to services the next morning. I've been meaning to make this bread for months, it was the October 1st Baking with Julia challenge, but I had a hard time finding time to make it. It requires an overnight rise and I kept forgetting about how much time it would take when I found a good event to bring the bread.

Technically it should be walnut and not pecans in the bread, but pecans are what I had on hand. Oh and I blew off the raisins because I don't like them and refuse to use them if I'm going to eat the finished product, I just bumped up the cranberries to a full cup. For the full recipe head over to This Bountiful Backyard, she made a proper Cranberry-Walnut Pumpkin Loaves.

It was a fairly easy bread to make, it just is time consuming. I started early in the morning and I was just able to finish it before bed. The bread smelled lovely as it was baking and was quite tasty the next day. Next time I think I'll add a bit more spice to the dough, it was just a bit on the bland side. I think a little candied ginger would do wonders for this bread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting it done! I admire your commitment! Bread looks good, too! Kristine