Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Wishful Thinking

snowfall by Teckelcar
snowfall, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
For the past few it has been nothing but rain, rain, rain.

I'm sick of the never ending gloomy weather and the complete lack of sunshine. It was fine when I was sick with the flu last week, I retreated to bed and didn't give a flying fig about the weather. But due to the miracle of modern medicine, aka Tamiflu (the best drug EVER), I'm fine now. I want sunshine to go with the warm weather of the past few days, not buckets of rain.

The sad thing is I just can't help thinking about how much snow we could have if the temperature dipped south of freezing, at least 7 inches of the white stuff. But noooo, it has been at least mid-forties  with forays into the 60s. Larry says the latest forecasts predict a few inches of snow later this week.I'm hoping it is not just wishful thinking.

No comments: