Thursday, January 17, 2013

First Snow

first snow by Teckelcar
first snow, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
For once all of the breathless anticipation on the weather forecast panned out. The original forecast called for a transition at around 6 pm to snow and lo and behold we had snow before 6:30.

The kids are besides themselves with excitement and keep asking if school has been cancelled. The county hasn't called it, but I predict at least a two hour delay. I kept checking the school board's website (along with every other parent in the area) and get greeted by a stripped down website apologizing for the lack of content due to the exceptionally high demand on the servers.

I just hope they make the call soon and thus avoid the 6 am phone blast to announce any delay or closing.

Ha! The school board just called it- no school tomorrow! I posted this and not 10 minutes later I got the phone call.

No comments: