Sunday, January 06, 2013

Chocolate Cheesecake

Chocolate cheesecake by Teckelcar
Chocolate cheesecake, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
At this rate I'm seriously at risk turning my blog into a food blog, but... I had to share this picture.

It's from New Year's Eve and is the dessert I made for us to enjoy. I have posted about this before, way back in 2007. It was just as good now as it was then. This time I was a bit more successful in drizzling the chocolate on top. There was only one other difference and that was in the crust.

Last time I made an Oreo cookie crumb crust. Alas I can no longer get Oreo cookie crumbs, curse you Nabisco for no longer selling them to the general public. So I used an almond flavored Italian waffle cookie, pizelles, instead. There is something magical about the combination of almonds and chocolate and these cookies did not disappoint.Nate and Max did not care for it, but the rest of us thought it was fantastic. It didn't last very long and there were sad faces after it was all eaten up.

No comments: