Sunday, January 27, 2013

Winter Roses

Roses by Teckelcar
Roses, a photo by Teckelcar on Flickr.
You know I just can't get over the fact that roses can, and do, bloom in the winter around here. I'm used to New England winters, after the first frost nothing blooms until spring.

I found these little beauties in the sheltered alley behind the Synagogue that holds our Sunday school. The picture is from last weekend when it was still mild. Since then the temperature has dropped and I seriously doubt the blooms are still around. It'll be interesting to see how they fair when I'm next up there. We car pool with another family so sometimes it can be quite a gap between my turn to drive. In all likelihood they will recover over the course of next week when the temperatures rebound to the sixties.

No comments: