Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ha!

I take great pride in the fact that I can fix things, including computers.

I'm not claiming to be some sort of IT wiz, but I can do all sorts of things to keep my somewhat geriatric system going. I've added hard drives, swapped out video cards, added memory and reformatted the hard drive (an oddly liberating act). When the power source went out I did take it in to the shop, but most of the time I willing to take a stab at it.

Yesterday Nate was using the computer when the display went belly up and turned green. I messed about, going into safe mode and doing system restore, and came to the conclusion that it was the video card. My almost new card that obviously could not deal with my older system. I had a feeling it might be a bit too much a step up, but we needed to upgrade for a new game the boys had bought. We had gotten four months out of it, but it's time was over. Since I hang onto parts that are not broken, I reinstalled the old card. A quick search for the drivers online and Boom! we were back in business.

I'm just the go to person for your plumbing, heating and computer repairs.

No comments: