Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Artist of the Week: Sweater

This week’s artist is a long time friend of my mother’s. Annie was, in my eyes, a real New Yorker. She used to live on the Upper East Side with her mother. Their apartment always struck me as a huge place in such an exotic and exciting location. We would occasionally visit her in the city and she in turn would come see us in the wilds of Connecticut and later in Vermont. Not long after her mother passed away she packed up and moved to Vermont. She lives not far from my Mother’s new house and we try to stop by when we are in town.

This is a picture, from left to right, of Annie with my Brother’s Mother-in-Law and his wife. It was taken around the time of the wedding at my Mother’s old house.

Annie
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

Growing up Annie would be always giving my brother and me small gifts. After the birth of Jake she continued her generosity with my children. For Jake she knitted a lovely sweater. Both he and Nate have worn it and now it has been passed down to Rebecca.

sweatergirl1
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

It is a wonderful teally blue color and it has held up well over the years. I was going through a box of Nate’s cast offs a few weeks ago, sorting out what could be used for Max and Rebecca this winter when Rebecca spied it. She snatched it up and claimed it for her own. I think the color suits her. Her dark hair and eyes look beautiful with the vivid color of the sweater.

No comments: