Friday, May 19, 2006

In Celebration of the Chocolate Chip

It turns out last Monday was Chocolate Chip Day. I can’t believe that I almost missed it. Yesterday I baked a batch and a half of chocolate chip cookies. Larry took two thirds to work today for a co-worker’s baby shower and the remainder was for us.

The big boys got two cookies for snack at school and, as per their request, an extra cookie for their teacher. Jake even went so far as to share his cookies with three of his classmates. It was completely their own idea and I very proud of their thoughtfulness and generosity.

Anyway, here is a little still life of how I like to eat my cookies.

peoniescookieandmilk
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

To me, nothing is better than a bit of vanilla ice cream on top of a chocolate chip cookie and a glass of cold milk. It is a nice treat at the end of a long day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life wouldn't be the same without chocolate chip cookies!