Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday Three: Something Simple

This week’s offering from Papa Possum is a little less arduous.

Something simple this week.

We’ve explored every possible topic known to humankind here on the Thursday Three, so sometimes it’s nice just to relax and ask some simple things.

So, here’s the AoW Model of Simplicity Version of the Thursday Three.

Please leave your answer in the comments below, or leave a link to your blog.

1. Who, beside your spouse, is your favorite person to go hang around with?
2. If you could only have one, would you pick a dog or a cat as a pet?
3. What part of your appearance would you most like to change?

Oh good, a nice simple slate of questions. This is a good thing as I’m helping Nate plough through four days worth of school work today. Admittedly it is only 1st grade, but there still is quite a bit of work for him to do.

Anyhoo, here are my answers:

1) Judging by our daily (sometimes more!) phone calls to each other, it’s Meryl. We are on the same page on a lot of things and we have a very similar sense of humor. Ironically, considering the exception in the question, I have my husband to thank for this friendship. When she announced on her blog her move to Richmond, he welcomed her to the area and our family ended up going over to her new place to say hello. Not much happened initially, but one day I impulsively invited her to come along with me to the farmers market and we have been chatting ever since.

2) Wombats! Er, I hope that *somebody* reads this mess and realizes that the answer is a dog. I do like cats, but the combination of allergies and dogs that think cats are “the other white meat” (really, they do think that way) cats are not going to be a part of our household.

3) My stomach is the part I would most like to change. After three pregnancies, the last being twins, my tummy is a wrinkly mess covered by a starburst pattern of stretch marks (Eek, TMI). I’m not asking for the impossibly flat abs of a teenager, just a smoother and more toned version of me. Otherwise I am pretty happy with what I’ve got.

Now I have to go supervise a certain seven year old in writing a story about space travel.

No comments: