Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Artist of the Week: Drawing

This week’s artist is Miss Rebecca


Rebeccaart
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

and here she is proudly holding her art work.

The title of the piece is “Old Chick.”


oldchick
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

It is old because it is wearing glasses. Apparently wearing glasses makes you old. This may be due to the fact that I wear contacts and she knows that Grandpa and Nana wear glasses.

I like how it is such a cheerful looking creature. I at first thought the bumps on the sides were ears, but after I carefully asked Rebecca what are they and she smilingly said “Those are his wings. He is old and he is happy.”

I also like the confidence she has when she draws. All her pictures are square in the middle and fill up the whole page. She is not one of those shy types that make tiny little figures crammed into the corner.

No comments: