Thursday, August 17, 2006

Quiz Time!

Not much going on around here. I’ve got carpenters fixing the front stoop and a window sill banging around outside and I feel like I’m ferrying everybody everywhere. Oh, that’s right I am ferrying everybody about, I’m the Mom.

So I’m doing the big blog cop-out, a quiz!




You're The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!

by Douglas Adams

Considered by many to be one of the funniest people around, you are
quite an entertainer. You've also traveled to the far reaches of what you deem possible,
often confused and unsure of yourself. Life continues to jostle you around like a marble,
but it's shown you so much of the world that you don't care. Wacky adventures continue to
lie ahead. Your favorite number is 42.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.

I do like this book, but I would never categorize it great literature. I like that Douglas Adams fully admitted that none of the various versions out there (book, radio, play and a movie) jibe with each other. I think it was almost a point of pride for him; it certainly fit in with the loopy madness that encompasses the series.

Jake is currently reading the series and both he and Nate love the description of how to fly "throw yourself against the ground and miss." Jake was reading the book in the car and there was much hilarity when Jake told Nate.

So, anyway back to me. I guess this means that my motto should be “Don’t Panic.”

I like that.

No comments: