Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Hey! That’s My Car!

Jordana posted a very funny clip that hits a little too close to home.

Let’s take a tour of my ride and see how it stacks up.

momvan
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.


The outside is not too bad, but if you click through the picture you get to see all the little notes I’ve added. You will also see that it is the first of a whole set of pictures about my car. Each picture has its own story to tell and it really is best to see the set with their notes, but I will post here the piece de resistance: the front passenger seat.

passengerseat
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.


Every time I pick up Meryl there is a frantic scramble as I clear out a place for her to sit. Even the cup holders are jammed with stuff, a mixture of batteries, change and the remains of a chewed up dog collar.

Overall it’s no too bad. At least I don’t have too much old food decorating the interior, but that’s what dogs are for. Milk has been banned from the car, except for when we do drive through. Then it is promptly removed at the end of our trip. I figured that out a long time ago. It’s a car, not a science experiment. The rest of the time the kids have to content themselves with water, juice pouches and Gatorade. However I do have a number of odd things I haul about, namely Jake’s rocks. He is always picking up rocks and bringing them into the car. I can hear them rolling about the interior when I get a bit too aggressive in my driving.

As soccer and baseball season ramps up a couple of folding chairs will take up residence in the rear of the van along with a couple of bats and balls and “my ride” will be complete.

No comments: