Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Artist of the week: Drawing


Rebecca
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.



soccerdragon
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.



house&man&pets
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.


This week’s artist is Rebecca.

I’m astounded by how much here art changes from week to week. Just a few days ago she decided to make a dragon with a soccer ball, which was in no small part inspired by the logo I just made for Jake’s soccer team. It is also strongly derivative of Homestar’s very own Trogdor. (What can I say, I love Trogdor and I had a lot of fun sharing it with the kids.)

Anyway she came home from preschool with a very charming picture. It features a man with his two dogs, his house, his garden and a bird flying overhead on a cloudy day. The man is holding an orange and the little yellow thing above the house is a bee.

I love Rebecca’s use of color in the picture. She fills the page with her vision and is not afraid to run a bit off the edges. My little girl is bold in life and in her art.

No comments: