Sunday, June 26, 2005

And the Envelope Please...

Saturday in the mail I found a letter from Canada addressed to my husband. It was a regular business sized envelope with the address neatly printed on a piece of paper taped to the appropriate location. I did not recognize the return address or the name. To further add to the mystery, it was a lumpy bumpy sort of thing. There was definitely something inside. I stared at it and turned to over and over in my hands. It was clearly intended for Larry, but he wasn’t going to be home until after 8:00 pm. Then I remembered something he said to me a few days earlier. He had ordered four wristbands for the kids from celestialblue. That has got to be the answer. She’s from Canada and the odd lumps *could* be wristbands. I set the envelope down and moved onto more pressing issues, like rampaging children and cake. It was early afternoon and it was going to be a long day.

About 20 minutes later Larry called me from Baltimore. He was at the station waiting for his train and thought it would be nice to give me a call. I was a bit distracted as I had gotten up at around 5:20 am to drag myself, two tablecloths, three cakes, four children and $400 worth of dog toys to the dog show up by Richmond (more on this later). I was pooped. As we chatted I mentioned the letter to Larry and what I thought it was. He replied that I was right and that I could open it up now and hand out the wristbands to the kids. His only request was that I saved any enclosed note.

Hooray! I get to open it! With Larry still on the line I ripped open the envelope and read the note to him. I then called the kids over and distributed the wristbands.



wristbands
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

They are a bit large for Max and Rebecca, but they don’t seem to mind in the slightest.

The bands themselves are celestialblue’s way to raise money for her upcoming 5 month trip to Israel. So far we haven’t lost any, but Rebecca is working on it. I keep finding her wristband in the oddest places. She’s lucky that the dogs are not at home. Odds are that John (aka the Jaws of destruction) will chew it up.

No comments: